The works on the construction of the 110 kV and 330 kV power transmission lines at the Skrunda section have been completed
In autumn 2018 “Latvijas Energoceltnieks” implemented the assembly works of the ADSS cable, which provides the construction of power transmission lines (PTL) in the 110 kV section Tume-Brocēni, the construction of 110 kV PTL in the section Brocēni-Rudbārži, as well as the construction of 330 kV PTL in the section Brocēni-Grobiņa”. The Agreement between “Merks” and “Latvijas Energoceltnieks” was signed in July 2018.
In general “Latvijas Energoceltnieks” implemented ADSS optical construction works in PTLs of the following length:
110 kV GL No. 151 Tume-Brocēni – 13 250 km
110 kV GL No. 155 Brocēni-Rudbārži – 2 359 km
330 kV GL No. 323 Brocēni-Grobiņa – 2 160 km
Within the project “Latvijas Energoceltnieks” implemented the development of a full technical solution, which included:
- Informing of the land owners about the planned works;
- Organisation of outages in the 330/110 kV network, and in the case of necessity in lines of lower voltage, to implement the assembly works of the ADSS optical cable;
- Fixation of 110 kV reinforced concrete supports with additional bindings for the reinforced concrete intermediate supports to function as anchor type supports for the fixation of the ADSS cable;
- After the assembly works the fixation works of the ADSS optical cable in the anchor supports and intermediate supports;
- Construction of the ground optical cable between 110 kV overhead lines No. 151 Tume-Brocēni, No. 155 Brocēni-Rudbārži and 330 kV overhead lines No. 323 Brocēni-Grobiņa and fixation as support structures;
- Assembly works of the connecting couplings;
- Assembly works of the end couplings in the substation control room in communication devices.
In addition to the works to be implemented “Latvijas Energoceltnieks” also had to provide the coordination and location of the possible access roads, agreeing with state institutions, private land owners and legal land owners. Coordination was required, because the majority of 110 kV power transmission lines are not constructed along the roads and access locations, but quite the contrary – along fields, forests, swamped locations and other places, that are hard to reach.